Saturday, December 8, 2012

6 days 6 days 6 days!

Look at me, look at me, I got blog happy this morning and finally gave this thing some life! I loveeeee it. The gray was so boring and melancholy and this blog is NOT that. SO welcome, stay for a while :)


18 days until Christmas y'all! My absolute favorite holiday. I love the coziness and the family time and the cold weather (it's coming I hear!) and the music and all the love, and I am just a big ball of Christmas happiness right now. With that said, I have a hugeeeeeee case of FOMO already and I haven't even had my surgery yet. I am more worried about how I am going to participate in all the Christmas festivities after my surgery than my actual surgery! I've probably gone a little overboard with recovery research and asking a friend when she could drive, how long before she could walk around, when did she start feeling better... and as much as I want to plan my recovery out on paper, I can't and it's driving me crazy. So I am stressing. And guess what, finals are next week! Surgery and finals all in one week someone pinch me I must be dreaming!



Speaking of stress. I got sick last week. First it was fever, then runny nose and now it’s just a stalker cough that will not leave me alone. My surgeon sent me straight to the doctor to get meds and said if I didn't get better we would have to reschedule surgery. There is no way in hell that is happening so I have stayed in for the past week and rested. The stalker is still bothering me but it's slowly getting better. A few nights ago, I literally coughed for 2 hours straight. Nothing helped, so I tried this Mexican remedy of putting VICKS on the soles of your feet and sleeping with socks on. The minute I put them on I don't think I coughed once. It was seriously magic. I've done it for the past 3 nights and have got a good night’s sleep. THANK YOU GOD.


On Thursday I had my last plastic surgery appointment! They finalized everything and then took a bunch of topless pictures of me. I wanted to laugh whole time. I think I'm 12 years old inside. My appointment concluded with me asking if I could wear makeup and nail polish on surgery day.


On Friday, I had my pre-registration appointment at the hospital. I had to go in and give blood, pee in a cup and get a chest x-ray and now I am all ready for Friday ahhhhhh.

I had to get some special mastectomy bras that clasp in the front. They are flat out ugly and I wish someone would make a line of mastectomy bras that didn’t make you feel like a grandma. I can't believe its 6 days away. I am sooooo ready to do this. I have lots planned for next week like manis & pedis with the girls in my family before the big day and I am going to take the ultimate shower on Thursday night, since I won't be able to for a while after surgery. It's crazy to think that this time next week, my girls will be gone. But I will feel so relieved and that's what matters.





- Eryn

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for blogging!! I am grateful to read about your journey and have the opportunity to pray for you throughout this process. This must definitely be a God-thing because your attitude and view of the situation ROCKS! Just wanted to let you know that I have been prayin' for you and will continue. Love you girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eryn,

    Just wanted to tell you how brave I think you are! I will be following your progress and praying for you. Your attitude and strength are amazing. God Bless you.
    Susan McGowen (Kristina's Nana)

    ReplyDelete